Photos have the power to shape, reinforce, and change our perceptions. Join our global community of professional photographers and help us build a more inclusive world.
Positive representations help us form connections, enhance self-esteem, and send powerful messages about one’s value in society. Noun Project is working to make inclusive, art-quality images available for all through Noun Project Photos — a curated, mission-driven collection of images from photographers around the world.
Noun Project is looking for images that showcase images of real people with various body shapes and sizes, a variety of physical attributes and people with traditionally marginalized bodies as they are — not as others believe they should be — feeling confident and living vibrant, everyday lives.
Within Body Positive, we would love to see images that celebrate diversity and intersectionality including:
- People in the LGBTQ community
- People of various ages, ethnicities and perspectives
- People with disabilities
- People of color
- Multiethnic groups
Call for Photos
We’re currently curating images of people with various body types and attributes:
- At the office as leaders and team members
- Men of a variety of body sizes in fashionable clothing
- Leading a medical team or doing lab work
- Couples going out to dinner, cooking at home, or having drinks with friends
- Women with natural body hair, stretch marks, or scarring
- Men of marginalized body sizes at a coffee shop or enjoying lunch with friends
- Wearing fashionable and trendy clothing
- As people who work in the public sector as police officers, politicians or as fire fighters
- People with tattoos spending time with their families at the park or at the beach
- With friends and partners attending cultural events or gallery openings
- Exercising such as going on hikes, taking group classes and doing yoga
…and any other images that show real people living their everyday lives.
In addition to lifestyle images, we’d also love to see body positive images in the following areas:
- In the medical field
- as health care professionals and as patients
- In educational settings
- As teachers, educators and as students
- In business settings
- In leadership positions
- As part of the team at the office
- As customers
How to submit
If you have newly created or existing photos that may align we’d love to see your images for consideration.
- If your images are approved, you will be eligible for future ongoing royalties (at 60%) with sales of your images.
- You retain all rights to your photos. They will not be exclusive to our platform.
Please send jpeg files 10MP or higher for consideration via Dropbox or WeTransfer link to: email@example.com with “People Everyday” in the subject line.
Please follow the file prep instructions prior to submitting.
If your images are approved, we’ll contact you for detailed instructions for next steps.
For questions regarding this brief or the submission process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read our full licensing and pricing agreement here.
Creative Director for Photos at Noun Project and Photographer