Photos have the power to shape, reinforce, and change our perceptions. Join our global community of professional photographers and help us build a more inclusive world.
Positive representations of people help us form connections, enhance self-esteem, and send powerful messages about one’s value in society. Noun Project is working to make inclusive, art-quality images available for all through Noun Project Photos — a curated, mission-driven collection of images from photographers around the world.
Noun Project is looking for images that portray people with disabilities living full, vibrant lives at home, at work, sharing talents, and having fun.
Within People Everyday, we would love to see images that celebrate diversity and intersectionality including:
- People of color
- People in the LGBT+ community
- Various body sizes
- People with tattoos
- People of various ages, ethnicities and perspectives
Call for Photos:
We’re currently curating images of people of all ages with disabilities:
- Leading a brainstorm meeting with co-workers
- Going out on dates, out to dinner and to cultural events and concerts
- Hanging out with family and friends making dinner, playing board games,
- Working outside in a garden, plant nursery or farm
- Kids with disabilities doing art, playing with friends and siblings
- Engaged in exercise activities such as running, skiing, doing yoga or swimming
- Teaching exercise classes and coaching athletes
- As business owners interacting with customers
- As artists: painting, sculpting or shooting photography
- Taking dynamic trips and traveling to new locations around the world
- Celebrating holidays with friends and family
- Spending time with their families at the park or at the beach
- Friends and partners eating at restaurants, attending cultural events or gallery openings
- Engaged in music and dance
…and any other authentic photos that showcase people with disabilities.
In addition to lifestyle images, we’d also love to see people with disabilities in images in the following areas:
- In the medical field
- as health care professionals and as patients
- In educational settings
- As teachers, educators and as students
- In business settings
- In leadership positions
- As part of the team at the office
- As customers
How to Submit
If you have newly created or existing photos that may align we’d love to see your images for consideration.
- If your images are approved, you will be eligible for future ongoing royalties (at 60%) with sales of your images.
- You retain all rights to your photos. They will not be exclusive to our platform.
Please send jpeg files 10MP or higher for consideration via Dropbox or WeTransfer link to: email@example.com with “People Everyday” in the subject line.
Please follow the file prep instructions prior to submitting.
If your images are approved, we’ll contact you for detailed instructions for next steps.
For questions regarding this brief or the submission process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read our full licensing and pricing agreement here.
Creative Director for Photos at Noun Project and Photographer