Photos have the power to shape, reinforce, and change our perceptions. Join our global community of professional photographers and help us build a more inclusive world.
Positive representations help us form connections, enhance self-esteem, and send powerful messages about one’s value in society. Noun Project is working to make inclusive, art-quality images available for all through Noun Project Photos, a curated, mission-driven collection of images from photographers around the world.
Call for Photos: Pride
Noun Project is looking for images that portray the spectrum of people in the LGBT+ community at work, in relationships, sharing their talents, and the activities they’re passionate about. More images reflecting the diversity and the reality of the community will help overthrow outdated stereotypes and perceptions.
Within Pride, we would love to see images that celebrate diversity and intersectionality including:
- People of color
- People with disabilities
- Various body types
- People with tattoos
- People of various ages, ethnicities, and perspectives
We’re looking for images of people in the LGBT+ community:
- At the office as leaders and as team members
- Couples going out to dinner, cooking at home, or having drinks with friends
- Teaching classes or volunteering with community based organizations
- Older LGBTQIA+ people as business owners, in the office or in the medical field
- Spending time with their families at the park or at the beach
- Friends and partners eating at restaurants, attending cultural events or gallery openings
- Exercising such as going on hikes, taking group classes and doing yoga
- Engaged in the arts, playing music and dancing
- Playing instruments or performing on stage
and any other images that depict people in the LGBT+ community in everyday lives.
In addition to lifestyle images, we’d also love to see images of people in the LGBT+ community in the following areas:
- In the medical field
- As healthcare professionals and as patients
- In educational settings
- As teachers, educators and as students
- In business settings
- In leadership positions
- As part of the team at the office
- As customers
- If you have newly created or existing images that may align, you can submit them for consideration to be part of the collection.
- If your images are approved, you will be eligible for future ongoing royalties (at 60%) with sales of your images.
- You retain all rights to your photos, they will not be exclusive to our platform.
Please read our full licensing and pricing agreement here.
Please send jpeg files for consideration via Dropbox or WeTransfer link to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pride” in the subject line.
Please follow the file prep instructions prior to submitting.
If your images are approved, we’ll contact you for detailed instructions for next steps.
For questions regarding this brief or the submission process, please contact us at: email@example.com